Petroleum & Energy
Lexfin Partners has advised and continues to provide legal advisory support on many complex oil, gas, and power projects, amongst others, which span the energy supply value chain.
We advise on the most cutting-edge transactions in areas as diverse as acquisition finance, asset finance, debt capital markets, project finance, trade and commodity finance.
Our Energy & Infrastructure team is not only conversant with prevailing issues in the Nigerian energy industry but is also at the forefront of providing expert legal advice to all players in the energy sector
We have advised independent exploration and production companies, oil service companies, wholesale gas distributors, lenders, private equity funds, project sponsors in several transactions relating to oil and gas, power generation and distribution.
- Advised on several issues that arise from downstream operations in the Nigerian petroleum industry;
- Advised on the acquisition of a participating interest in Oil Mining Leases, Production Sharing Contracts, marginal fields and other assets in the oil and gas sector;
- Advised on lease of a barge and sea-faring vessels as well as trading of Liquefied Petroleum Gas;
- Advised on the applicability of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act, 2010 to the operations of a number of clients. This involved making a presentation to the Nigerian Content Board on behalf of the client;
- Advised on the renewal of Oil Mining Leases and the effect of the Petroleum Industry Bill on the renewal;
- Advised on the acquisition of a power distribution company in the BPE-led privatization of the PHCN successor companies;